Saturday, December 31, 2011

Happy New Year!

Well, 2011 is almost at an end. This year has flown by. It's been a year of ups and downs, just like every other, but I think I can say for the first time in a long time that there were more ups than downs. I wrote a full post on my book blog, called 2011: A Year in Review

2011 will always be special for me because it was the year I finally finished my novel and decided to publish it. It wasn't an easy decision - I spent weeks and weeks researching and going back and forth on my decision before I finally decided that self-publishing was the right path for me.

Now, here I am, a little more than two weeks away from being a published author. I'm excited and terrified all at the same time. January 17th marks the official launch of the book, as well as the beginning of the blog tour. I'm still working out the details for the launch - I think I'm going to have to change some things because the stuff I was planning to give away won't be here in time. I'll figure something out! 

I have a ton of work to do in the next week, including writing a dozen or so guest posts, answering questions for interviews, and going over the book one more time before having one of my proofreaders go over it again since my editor bailed on me and didn't finish. I also have some tweaking to do in my acknowledgments! 

For months, I've felt like I'm on a never-ending merry-go-round, and this coming week I'm sure it'll feel like that merry-go-round is going at warp speed!

I hope you all have a happy, healthy, prosperous 2012. Thank you so much to everyone who has supported me with my dream of becoming a published author. Your support and encouragement means the world to me.

What are your plans for New Year's Eve?

No comments:

Post a Comment