Monday, January 9, 2012

Blue Sky Days is available on Kindle and Smashwords!

It's a bit earlier than anticipated, but Blue Sky Days is now available on Amazon Kindle and Smashwords!

In a post on my book blog, I explained that the reason the book was early on Kindle and Smashwords is because, as a self-published author, everything is up to you. I'd never done this before, and I was afraid I would have issues with the file or the upload, so I decided to just go ahead - better to be safe than sorry, right? I'm glad now that I decided to do that because a couple nights after I uploaded to Kindle and Smashwords, I went to upload the book to Barnes & Noble and discovered they only accept US publishers. Luckily Smashwords will distribute to them, but it could take a week or two for the book to appear on B&N. That's part of why I'm sticking with the 17th as the 'official' launch date - I'm hoping the book will available everywhere by then. 

In the meantime, you can buy the book on Amazon for your Kindle or Kindle App. Did you know that if you don't have a Kindle, you can download a free app that will allow you to read Kindle books on your computer, Blackberry, iPhone, iPad, and a variety of other devices? I have the app for my computer so that I can buy cheap ebooks and read ebooks that authors send me for review. It's handy, because I don't have an e-reader (yet!), but there are a lot of books (like Blue Sky Days) that are only available in e-format, and I don't want to miss out! You can download the app here. If you have an e-reader other than a Kindle, Smashwords has the book in all e-formats for your convenience. 
Be sure to check here and/or Ramblings of a Daydreamer this week for information about the launch party on the 17th!

No comments:

Post a Comment