Friday, August 3, 2012

Ask an indie author


In June I posted about the indie author series my friend Jessica from Thoughts at One in the Morning is hosting. The series isn't over yet, but Jessica has opened up the floor for questions. Is there something you've always wanted to know about self-publishing? Something you're not sure about or need clarification on? You can ask, and we'll answer!

Be sure to check out the series so far to see if your question has already been covered. 

#1:  First Drafts and Revisions
#2:  Beta Readers
#3:  Professional Editors
#4:  Cover Art
#5:  Formatting
#6:  Extras To Include
#7:  Book Trailers
#8:  Establishing Yourself Online
#9:  Contacting Book Bloggers
#10:  Book Blog Tours
#11:  Pricing, Sales, & Giveaways
#12:  Publishing
#13:  Promotion
#14:  The First Few Months
#15:  Last Words
If there's anything you'd like to ask the panel of indie authors, be sure to visit this post of Jessica's and leave a comment or email her with your question(s).

If you've considered self-publishing, please, please check out this blog series. Jessica put a lot of work into it and she covered pretty much every topic imaginable. I know that if there had been a series like this last year when I'd been doing research, it would have made my decision a whole lot easier. I don't regret my decision for a minute, and although I have nothing but respect and admiration for all those people who are traditionally published, I want writers out there to know that self-publishing is a great alternative option.

~Marie

1 comment: