Wednesday, October 31, 2012

NaNoWriMo 2012

Well, tomorrow is November 1st, which means it's the beginning of NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month), a month dedicated to several hundred thousand crazy people who plant their butts in a chair and their fingers on a keyboard with the intention of writing 50,000 words in the span of 30 days.

*takes a deep breath*

I'm equal parts nervous and excited. This may be my first time doing NaNo, but it's not my first book...hell, it's not even my second or third. I've probably written a dozen or more novels in my life, but this will be what I consider book #4 - the fourth book I intend to publish. 

I've had the idea for awhile, so I know what I'm doing...basically. And I know I can physically write a book in 30 days because I wrote book #3 in exactly three weeks. It's just doing it under the pressure of a deadline and with a lot going on in my life - that'll be the interesting part. But I'm always up for a challenge!

I'll be posting updates regularly here (finally, this poor neglected blog will see some action!), so be sure to check back, or better yet subscribe for email updates so you can follow along with the insanity! ;-)
 
Are you participating? Be sure to add me and I'll add you back so we can cheer each other on!

1 comment: