Friday, January 18, 2013

Writing Update #3



How is it Friday again already?? I hope you've all had a great week!

Last week I talked about doing the first round of revisions for my third novel, Waiting for the Storm. I finished, had my alpha reader do her first read-through (she finished in a matter of hours - I'd say that's a good sign!), and she was going to do her second read-through where she made some changes, but things got a little crazy early in the week, and she wasn't able to get to it right away. In the meantime, I kept thinking of changes I wanted to make, and had thought I might wait until after my beta readers had read it, but then I decided I wanted to send the best possible version to my beta readers. I'm sure there will still be mistakes and things to work on, but I'd feel better knowing I did my best before anyone else reads it. I'm working on eliminating overused words and unnecessary words/sentences, and I feel like I'm doing a good job. I've learned so much between the time I wrote Blue Sky Days and now, and I really credit my editor, along with my beta readers for that. That feeling of constantly learning, changing, and growing, is amazing.

So that's what I've been up to. Edit, revise, repeat. My alpha reader will start again tomorrow on what I've done so far and I'm aiming to send the book out to beta readers next week. It's earlier than I anticipated, but that just gives people extra time, which is always good. 

If you haven't been to my book blog this week, I just want to update you on a few things: first, I'm planning the cover reveal of Waiting for the Storm from February 4th-6th. If you'd like to participate in the reveal, please email me at irishstar_83@hotmail.com or leave a comment below with your email address and I'll email you the cover and synopsis on February 3rd. Also, this week was the one-year publication anniversary of Blue Sky Days, and I celebrated on the blog with 4 days of giveaways. They're all still running, so be sure to hop on over there and enter!




No comments:

Post a Comment