Wednesday, July 19, 2017

A long overdue update

Well hey there! Remember me?

This blog has been so neglected the last couple of years. 2016 was a rotten year for me, and this year hasn’t been much better in many ways. My writing (along with my mental health) really took a hit last year, and I’m still struggling to get back on track. I’ve been working hard at my current WIP - a romantic comedy - which I’m having a lot of fun with, even though it’s slow going.

So, why am I posting now? Recently, there was an issue with Photobucket where they changed their Terms & Conditions with no warning and expected people who were using their site for third party hosting (which was probably most people) to pay $400 to continue using the site that way. Since I don’t have $400 and wouldn’t pay that much even if I did, that means this site and my main blog, Ramblings of a Daydreamer, looked like a hot mess because all the pictures (hundreds, if not thousands of them), look like this:
I didn’t know what to do. I’ve been blogging at Ramblings of a Daydreamer for almost seven years. I was tempted to just say ‘screw it’ and stop blogging, leave the blog as is, and walk away. I just can’t do that, though. So, I decided to fix up this blog and turn it into a landing page of sorts. I really wanted to buy a domain name and set up a proper site, but I don't currently have the money or the know-how. So this blog will have all my book info, plus updates, but I'll be directing people to Ramblings of a Daydreamer for regular content. I made an announcement today on Ramblings of a Daydreamer that I’ll be transitioning the blog from a book blog into more of an ‘everything’ blog. You can expect occasional reviews, updates on my writing, teasers, writing tips, and real life stuff. I know ‘niche’ blogs are supposedly the way to success, but I want to write about what I want to write about, whatever that may be.

I hope you’ll be interested in checking out Ramblings of a Daydreamer. I have options there to follow via email or on Bloglovin. You can also sign up for my newsletter to keep up to date with my writing, and sign up for email updates from this blog (right sidebar) so you'll be informed when I post updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment